Wednesday, June 9, 2010
To Pierce or Not to Pierce
Today Rebekah decided she wanted to use the gift certificate she received on her birthday to get her ears pierced. So she and I went to Wal-mart after dinner to have them done. They didn’t have any of the little pink butterfly earrings that Rebekah wanted, so instead she chose little flowers with different colored stones for each petal. We took a picture of her ears, and then she sat down to have her lobes washed while I filled out the paperwork. Suddenly, she turned to me and said “Mom, I feel sick to my stomach.” I told her it was probably because she was nervous and asked if she wanted to go to the bathroom to wash her face with some cool water, or wait until another day. She voted to wait another day. As the Wal-mart employees had already opened the earrings, I went ahead and purchased them. They said I could bring Rebekah back when she feels ready, and they’ll pierce them for us (we won’t have to buy another set). Came home and let her relax. Rebekah was afraid I would be mad that she changed her mind, but I told her that getting her ears pierced is entirely up to her. I’m not going to force the issue and told her it was completely up to her, no pressure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment